Jason K Wagner - MD - MS - MSC - RPVI
Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
Doctor of Medicine
Dr. Wagner Specializes In:
- Complex open abdominal aortic reconstruction, as well as minimally invasive techniques
- Revascularization of the lower extremities utilizing bypass surgery as well as endovascular techniques such as balloon angioplasty, atherectomy, and stents
- Treatment of deep venous thrombosis utilizing endovascular interventions such as clot lysis and stents
- Carotid arteriography, endarterectomy and stents
- Dialysis access
- Renal and mesenteric interventions including, bypass, angioplasty and stents
- Chronic Venous insufficiency including all varicose vein outpatient therapies
Sarasota Vascular Specialists welcomes our newest team member!
Jason K. Wagner, MD, MS, MSc, RPVI graduated with an undergraduate degree in health and social policy from the Annenberg School of Social Policy at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. He completed a master’s in applied biomedical science at Eastern Virginia Medical School, where he studied the microvascular complications of diabetes. He subsequently graduated with his Doctorate in Medicine also at EVMS.
Following medical school Dr. Wagner completed his training as a vascular surgeon at the world-renowned Heart and Vascular Institute at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. During his training, Dr. Wagner spent two years doing federally-funded research in novel dialysis access strategies, while also completing a master’s in clinical research at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Wagner finished as the Administrative Chief Resident of his program, which allowed for extensive training in state-of-the-art technology such as fenestrated aortic endografts and minimally-invasive limb salvage procedures.
He has presented his research at several national and international meetings and published numerous papers in major journals such as Annals of Vascular Surgery and the Journal of Vascular Surgery.
Dr. Wagner’s clinical skills include all aspects of open arterial and venous vascular surgery as well as arteriography, balloon angioplasty, stents and thrombolysis. He brings to Sarasota special experience in endovascular minimally invasive treatment of aortic aneurysms as well and pulmonary embolisms and deep venous obstructions.
Dr. Wagner is married and is the proud father of a son and daughter.